Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Vado



I mentioned J. Cole on my first post as one of the few new artists that I really like. Vado is another one. Vado came out of nowhere when he emerged as Cam'ron's newest protégé. At first I really wasn't gonna give him a chance since I was really sick of the Dipset. I admit, I was a fan, but that was under Cam's leadership....not the skinny jeans, smedium t-shirt wearing fool who talks more shit than he looks like he'd smell. "Smell me?" Okay den.

Vado has been highlighted on Cam'ron's last three mixtapes with DJ Drama and an album called Heat In Here. He has not even had his own mixtape or album yet, but when he hit the stage at Hot 97's Summerjam concert he didn't disappoint. Fans seemed to really like his performace of "Speakin' Tongues". He's been on DJ Green Lantern's OnDaSpot freestyle sessions and just tonight the Funkmaster Flex show.

I've grown tired of these rappers that sing. I miss the bravado...haha. I didn't mean to do that. I miss real spitters. You'll see what I mean and the potential he has. I don't know if he'll ever be as big as Drake. Really, I think that's a good thing.

There are too many links I could provide, you can find more by just searching for him. These are a couple of links that are a lil older and some are new, including one of my recent favorites, "Large On The Streets". Listen for the third verse where he is paying homage to Big L. Dope! On the freestyle he goes in over Mobb Deep's "Quiet Storm". Did I say he GOES IN????

Boss Of All Bosses mixtape

Funkmaster_Flex_Freestyle_06_21_10



VADO "LARGE ON THE STREETS" MUSIC VIDEO

No comments:

Post a Comment