Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Young Gunz - Back To Business



Earlier this week the Young Gunz, Young Chris and Neef, released their first mixtape since who knows when. Pretty much the first time anyone has heard Neef spit since the Roc split. I have to admit I was quite excited. I really used to like State Property and bumped pretty much anything they put out. They had so much potential. With Beanie Sigel leading the camp, the Young Gunz, Freeway, Oschino & Sparks and Peedi Crakk, you had a camp that rivaled Wu-Tang. Okay, Peedi sucked. Everyone was raw. Street. Hungry. After Beans went to prison the group pretty much disbanded and all went for dolo. This left the Young Gunz to fend for themselves. They put out a couple of mixtapes but didn't release another album. Neef fell back and let Chris take the reigns to blow up. At least that was the plan. Chris has released mixtape after mixtape, without the same fanfare of the older days on the Roc. After a few years of nothing really happening, I guess they decided to get together to release this tape.

After my first only listen, I was not impressed. At all. It actually pissed me off. I wanted freestyles galore, more grimey shit. Do any of y'all remember the Hot 97 freestyles? Man, I still listen to that. This shit sounds watered down. I'm not even gonna comment on the actual songs because that would be a waste of my time and yours.

So to all my fellow State Prop/Young Gunz fans, if you must, check out this mixtape. This one is getting erased from my memory, in more ways than one. *exhales deeply*

Download
Link jacked from The Smoking Section


No comments:

Post a Comment