Sunday, September 12, 2010

Joe Budden–Mood Muzik 2

 

It’s been a long weekend and I’ve been in a pissed off mood today. Whenever I’m feeling like this I usually put this on, put a ‘lil something in the air and vibe out. I’m not sure if its because after listening to his problems, mine really aren’t that bad. Or maybe it’s because I can relate to some of the situations, I don’t know. If your familiar with this mixtape series, then I apologize, nothing new here.

I remember when I first heard Joe Budden’s “Pump It Up” and was excited to hear more from him. I got my hands on his album through the net and boy was I disappointed. With the freestyle that DJ Clue used to pit Jay-Z against Buddens, I knew dude could spit. Seemed Def Jam was trying to force a certain type of music. That was probably the last I had heard his music for a couple of years.

Later on I stumbled onto his Mood Muzik 2 mixtape on the internet and people seemed pretty hype about it so I thought I’d check it out. First listen, I was really impressed. Over time, it has grown on me even more and I consider it one of my favorite projects ever, including albums.

With a chip on his shoulder, Joey goes in on all original beats. Don’t get it confused, this ain’t for the radio. It’s not for the clubs either. This is something to twist up and chill to. I can’t stress how super dope this ‘tape is enough. The lyrics are dope, plenty of punchlines and if you’re a fan of the New York hip-hop sound, this is for you. I suggest taking the time to really listening to this tape and the next one as well.

There is a Vol. 1 and 3 as well. The first, I never really liked. The third is nice. I just like the second better just because it was what really put me on to Joe Budden.

 

Late October is the last I heard. I’ll definitely let you all know when it drops. Until then, this’ll hold you down.

Mood Muzik 2 Download

Mood Muzik 3 Download

No comments:

Post a Comment